Congratulations! You’re thinking about going to Umrah. This could be your first Umrah, or perhaps you were fortunate enough to go in the past. In any case, one thing is clear – this is one of the most important journeys you’ll prepare for in your life. To ensure everything goes smoothly, we have made a comprehensive list for you to get a head start in the process!
Umrah Visa Requirements:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months with 3 or 4 blank pages for each traveler.
- A completed and signed visa application, original.
- 2 passport size photographs (4cmX6cm) with white background for each traveler (ladies preferably in Hijab).
- A stamped Immunization Card showing vaccination against Meningitis (one dose of ACYW135 vaccine) for adults. Meningitis and POLIO record for children under 15 years old. Two doses of (A) vaccine (1 to 2 months between each dose for children ages 3-24 months) also ensure to take the Vaccine Cards to Saudi With you.
- Ladies and children need proper proof of relationship (marriage certificate for married couples, long birth certificates for children indicating names of both parents) AND all Documents must be stamped by the Notary Public or Lawyer.
- Pilgrims who have non-Muslim names must have a statement from any Islamic center showing their conversion to Islam.
- Non-Canadian applicants must submit a clear photocopy for both side of the Permanent Residence card AND THE COPY MUST BE STAMPED BYTHE NOTARY PUBLIC AND THE CANADIAN FOREIGN AFFAIRS.
- Married women traveling alone require the following:
- She has to be over the age of 45.
- Permission letter from husband, signed and stamped by Notary Public or Lawyer.
- Copy of ID showing signature of Muhrem (passport or driver license)*minimum of three ladies required to travel together (entry and exit MUST be exactly the same).
- All original documents must be accompanied by their photocopies.
- Additional Requirements or Documentations may be requested other than the above.